By joining this programme, member libraries can provide all staff, students and alumni with the various formatted digital editions of every one of our titles completely free, and a discount on any paper copies purchased. The member library is also entitled to an effective discount of over 20% on any purchase made by the university library itself, and will also receive an income through sales of our titles to its members. Most importantly, members of the programme will be supporting Open Access publishing and our endeavour to make high-quality academic monographs available to all to read for free.
For an annual membership fee of just £300 /$500 / €400 libraries joining the OBP Library Membership Programme will receive the following benefits:
1. Registered users of the library will be able to download for free the full range of formatted digital editions (pdf, epub, mobi). Thus any student, faculty member or alumnus registered with the member library/university could freely download any digital edition of any title from our website. Currently we have 84 books available to member libraries and anticipate a further 18 new titles to be published in the next 12 months, so you can expect to have free access to over 100 books in total by the end of the first year.
2. Support the publication of at least 18 new high quality Open Access research monographs.
3. Be able to upload any digital edition of our titles to the library's own digital repository or ebook collection to keep permanently. Thus if you decided to terminate your membership you will maintain permanent and uninterrupted access to all titles accessible during your membership period.
4. Receive a discount of over 20% on any printed editions of titles purchased by the library itself.
5. Receive a 20% discount on setup charges for all customised editions.
6. Provide a 15% discount to any registered member of the university library (staff/student/alumnus) on the sales of any printed edition of our titles, purchased from our website.
7. Receive a discount on renewal fees based on the sales made in (6) above - calculated at 7.5% of sales revenue made to your members.
8. Receive regular usage statistics.
9. Download a complete set of MARC records for all OBP titles.
Further details and the membership terms and conditions are available here.
We would be delighted to hear from libraries considering joining the library membership programme or interested in further information. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
If you are not a member of the programme but would like to know about the discounts we offer, please visit Information for Booksellers page.
I'd just like to say what a pleasure it is to catalogue your titles—you publish the most interesting communications. It'd be unfair to pick favourites but I am especially fond of the music titles, and the World Oral Literature Series. I think this is such a valuable series because some of the topics covered are incredibly specialised and yet it is so important to document the languages and literatures of those cultures which are not found readily represented elsewhere. Your publishing model supports the ideal type of carrier for embedding other electronic media such as sound recordings, videoed interviews, etc... I just love it!
—Elizabeth Cuthill, Cataloguer, St Andrew's University Library