Open Book sits on the advisory board of a range of Open Access initiatives and members of our team are frequently invited speakers on the OA movement. Watch co-Founder and co-Director, Rupert Gatti, talk about our project:
Click here to see this video on Youtube
Click here to see this video on Youtube.
Click here to see this video on Youtube (7.15' - 11).
Open Book Publishers has received a great deal of general media interest:
- Our Managing Director Alessandra Tosi wrote an article for The Telegraph on the revolution in online learning and the urgent need for Open Access.
- David Matthews' piece on OBP in Times Higher Education discussed our initiatives to provide Open Access monograph to readers in the developing world.
- Robert Darton mentions us in his article for the New York Review of Books.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education writes about OBP as an example of OA publishing in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- We are featured in Times Higher Education in an article by Paul Jump entitled: Research Intelligence - Unbound Possibilities.
Our Co-director Rupert Gatti had an article published in The Guardian Higher Education Network Blog: Open Access: 'We no longer need expensive publishing networks'.
- Our successful funding campaign to "unglue" Oral Literature in Africa was covered in The Chronicle of Higher Education: Start-up Hopes to Create Free Digital Version of Published Books and Poets & Writers: Digital Digest: Crowdfunding for the Literary Set.
- Author Ruth Finnegan writes about her experience of publishing with us in The Independent: Open Access: Taking Academic Publishing Out of its Ivory Tower.
- One of our directors, Rupert Gatti, discusses Open Access, copyright law and OBP in CAM, the Cambridge University Alumni Magazine: Access All Areas.
- We have been featured on the website Open Access Success Stories, which chronicles successful OA ventures across Europe: Open Book Publishers.
We have also been featured on many blogs, including:
- Unglue.it: "Meet Open Book Publishers"
Open Knowledge Foundation: "Open Book Publishers Releases The Digital Public Domain"
Society Matters: "Is Open Access the Future of Academic Publishing?"
The Enlightened Economist: "Copyright and Academics"
The Stoa Consortium: "Open Book Publishers: Cicero"